Corryong Health values its Volunteers
Corryong Health welcomes, encourages and supports the participation and involvement of the community through the contributions of its volunteers.
Volunteering offers opportunities for people to become involved in our community meet other people and make a positive contribution. It is a means of enhancing specific skills and talents, personal development and self-esteem.
We appreciate the enormous contribution made by our volunteers to “lengthen the arm” of our services.
Volunteers assist us in many ways. Some of their roles are:
Community Car Drivers
To transport eligible community members to medical/ specialist appointments in Albury/ Wodonga.
Community Health Advisory Group
A group of community members interested in two-way communication between Corryong Health and the community, involved in identifying community needs, supporting the community and is actively involved in evaluating service delivery. Read more
Day Activity Centre
Day Activity Centre provides activities and a meal for those community members who require companionship and friendship.
Visiting our residents to help to keep them engaged.
HOW TO BECOME A VOLUNTEER – STEP BY STEP
- Phone Corryong Health Reception on (02) 60763200
- Come to an informal chat with our Volunteer Coordinator about the area you’re interested in
- Provide us with names of two people who know you well
- Complete a volunteer pack which contains an application form, police check and information on volunteering at Corryong Health
- Meet your new area coordinator and take on your new role