Community Health Advisory Group
Your Community voice in our Health Service
Community Health Advisory Groups are established in Victoria to increase consumer, carer and community participation in public health services.
The Community Health Advisory Group has two critical roles:
- To provide direction and leadership in relation to the integration of consumer, carer and community views into all levels of health service operations, planning and policy development
- To advocate to the board on behalf of the community, consumers and carers.
The Board of Corryong Health recognises our CHAG members are the experts in understanding the consumer perspective:
- To provide two-way communication between the health service and the wider community
- To have CHAG members who can represent well our wider community.
Understanding the social determinants of health and current development in the community, CHAG members participate actively in:
- Informing the community – Sharing the knowledge of CHAG and promoting the existing services of Corryong Health. Also ensuring there is up to date information for the community, and that community members understand this information
- Advise Corryong Health on consumer, carer and community views so they are recognised and reflected in service delivery, planning and policy development
- Foster community relationships: Develop ways to pursue relationships and increase community participation
- Review documentation from Corryong Health where community members are the audience or where community members are directly impacted
- Opportunity surveillance: CHAG and Executive exploring funding and partnership opportunities
- Skill development: Increasing the capability of CHAG members through training and education
- Regional Partnerships:
- Participation in Ovens & Murray Community Advisory committee chairs network for purposes of regional health service integration, quality improvement and benchmarking process
- Participation in Health Issues Centre “consumer voices for better healthcare” meetings
It is desirable that members represent a true cross section of the community (Cultural diversity and underrepresented groups). However, Corryong Health staff and Contractors are not eligible to join CHAG.
For more information please contact the Executive Assistants on
(02) 6076 3252.